How to create a new share:
1. Login to the web client with your administrator account
2. Navigate to the "Share" tab on the left side-bar
3. Click on "New share" in the top-right corner
4. A popup window appears, and you are presented with the following options:
Name: Sets the name of the share.
Share category: Sets the type of the share.
There are 3 types of share: corporate, team, and private.
Corporate shares are managed by the IT department and can only be created using the company admin interface. Corporate shares are often related to the employment and the employee’s organizational position. I.e. corporate shares could be "Sales", "Finance", "Marketing", etc.
Team shares can be created by the employee (Internal user), if the employee has rights to create share. Team shares are relevant for temporary projects, e.g. when working with external partners, or in project groups across multiple organizational units. The team shares have the creator of the share as "owner", but Admin users can still control the shares and users that are members of a team share.
Private shares are similar to a home folder and are exclusively managed by the Admin from the company admin interface. The purpose of the Private share is to give the users a place to store data that don’t belong on corporate or team shares. Any user (admin, internal and external) can have a private share.
Please note: Shares created directly from the web or desktop client (by non-admin users) are always set as Team shares.
Ownership of shares:
If needed, the ownership of the share can be changed.
1. Simply navigate to the share in question (using the Share tab), and click on the share.
2. This brings you to the "Edit share" panel.
3. Here, you can change permissions (Owner, read/write, read only), add users to the share, and remove them.
If the user is an owner of shares when deleting the user, the ownership of the shares will be transferred to the admin.
This means that the shares will not be deleted when deleting a user, and they have to be deleted from the share tab.