Re-installing a RushFiles server with a new domain
Use this step-by-step guide to prepare for a server to be re-installed with a new domain:
- Assign yourself to all shares in all the customer accounts.
- Install the PC application on the server.
- Copy all the files from all the shares assigned to you to a local PC or a similar storage location. Copying the files to a local storage location should be done like this, to make it easier to restore:
- Create a folder called "Backup"
- Create and name a sub-folder as the account/customer name and then create a sub-folders to this one named like the share names (Ex: d:\Backup\accountA\share1\...).
- Copy all the files into the new folder structure, and verify (use folder size and file count) that all the files and folder are copied.
- If you want to use the same server for the new installation, please let us know so we can remove the old installation.
- Send us an RDP login to the server, so we can install the RushFiles server with the new domain.
- Once the installation is completed, create the accounts/customers, shares, settings etc. again.
- Assign yourself to all shares.
- Copy the files from the local backup to the new shares.